(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock
mine the functional group within which the item
Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent
belongs. This is necessary since illustrations are
National stock number or part number. This index
prepared for functional groups and listings are
is in NIIN sequence followed by a list of part
divided into the same groups.
numbers in alphameric sequence, cross-referenced to
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the
the illustration figure number and item number.
functional group to which the item belongs.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration
number, locate the figure and item number in the
and note the illustration figure and item number of
repair parts list.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing,
find the figure and item number noted on the
b. When National stock number or part number is