(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group in
order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used to
identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering
drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and FSCM columns to the left. The part number line entry (with NSN, when available)
identifies the first figure/item number appearance for which the part number is applicable. The part number is not listed for
additional figure/item number appearances identified by that part number.
(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is located in Section II.
(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced
in the adjacent figure number column.
5. Special Information
a. Repair parts for components of standards sets which can be identified as existing in the supply system will be
requisitioned through normal supply channels from the appropriate supply commodity manager.
b. Repair parts for components of standards sets which cannot be identified as to proper supply source will be
requisitioned from USAMI9COM, using routing identifier B64 and furnishing, as a minimum, the following as exception
(1) Component stock number of the individual end item to be repaired.
(2) Component manufacturer's equipment model number and serial number.
(3) The equipment manufacturer's stock number as listed in the appropriate manual for the desired repair part.
(4) The repair part reference designation, circuit reference, circuit symbol schematic designation, or reference
number as listed in the manufacturer's manual.
(5) The technical specification of the repair part as contained in the appropriate manufacturer's manual.