Cleaning optical dome.
Do not touch glass with bare fingers, use plastic gloves (item 10, App D). Skin oils will damage
the optical surface. Do not wipe dome with dry materials that may scratch the optical surface.
(1) Remove loose dirt from dome with a clean, dry, soft brush or low pressure stream of clean dry air.
The optical dome shall be cleaned only with authorized cleaning compound, (item 1, App D).
Type II cleaning compound can be used at temperatures as low as -40 . Any other cleaning
compound will damage optical dome.
(2) Lightly wipe the glass surface with a clean, absorbent lint-free cloth (item 4, App D) slightly dampened
with cleaning compound. Use cleaning compound sparingly.
(3) Wipe dome with another clean, absorbent, lint-free cloth (item 4, App D) until surface is clean.
Cleaning control panel and component cases.
The following materials are used when cleaning this
Cleaning Compound (item 6, App D)
Lint-free cloth (item 4, App D)
Soft-bristled brush (item 7, App D)
(1) Remove dust and dirt using lint-free cloth (item 4, App D) and soft-bristled brush (item 7, App D).
(2) Remove grease, dirt, and fungus from component cases using cloth dampened with cleaning compound
(3) Clean front of control panel using lint-free cloth (item 4, App D). If necessary, use damp cloth, then wipe
with dry lint-free cloth (item 4, App D).